Olympic Gold Quest (OGQ) is a program of the Foundation for Promotion of Sports and Games, a Not for Profit (Section 25) company, which is committed to supporting deserving and talented Indian sportspersons with an aim to help them win Olympic Gold Medals for India.
Olympic Gold Quest aims to scout for sports talent in the country who can go on to win Olympic Gold Medals. It also identifies areas of support for each athlete and works with all stakeholders in the process of aiding the deserving talent.
Renowned sporting icons provide the vision and road-map to structure the support system for our athletes. Business leaders to provide monitoring and enable corporate participation.A full-fledged research team to identify potential talent, training needs and support requirements. OGQ has supported the training of more than 100 athletes since inception.
The executive committee includes:
- Geet Sethi: 8 times World Billiards Champion, Padma Shri and Khel Ratna Awardee
- Prakash Padukone: All England Badminton Champion, Padma Shri, Arjuna Awardee
- Niraj Bajaj: 4 time National Table Tennis Champion, Arjuna Awardee and Director, Bajaj group of Companies
- Viswanathan Anand: 5 time World Chess Champion, Padma Vibhushan, Khel Ratna Awardee
- Leander Paes: 14 time Grand Slam Champion, Olympic Bronze Medalist, Padma Bhushan, Khel Ratna Awardee
- R. Ramaraj: Senior Advisor, Sequoia Capital
- Shitin Desai: Founder Directore, DSP Merrill Lynch (since retired)
- Rakesh Khanna: Founding Partner, Ambit RSM (since retired)
- Neeraj Bharadwaj: Managing Director, The Carlyle Group
- Deepika Padukone: Acclaimed Actor
- Viren Rasquinha: Former Indian Hockey Captain, Olympian & Arjuna Awardee is the Chief Executive Officer of the foundation
India has won 9 Olympic Gold Medals. 8 of these medals have been in Hockey and Abhinav Bindra’s Gold in Shooting at Beijing Olympics 2008 was India’s first Individual Olympic Gold.
Despite being a country of over a billion, India has won only ONE individual Gold Medal at the Olympics. This is primarily due to the lack of expert guidance, inadequate funding and the absence of world class sporting infrastructure in the country.
OGQ has short-listed the following six disciplines as the ones in which Indian athletes have the strongest potential: Shooting, Athletics, Boxing, Wrestling, Archery and Badminton.
Short-listing potential athletes with credentials Thorough research on athletes, their sport and potential to win an Olympic Medal Final selection of athletes post board clearance Entire process monitored & reviewed constantly
Approximately Rupees Fifteen-Sixty Lakhs per senior athlete per year.
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 35AC of the IT Act up to 100% of your donation or u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible.
To scout for potential medal talent, to help identify areas of support, to work with all stakeholders to aid deserving talent.Read More
OGQ has supported the training of
more than 100 athletes
We’re a group of hard-working, humble problem solvers that enjoy finding solutions to new challenges.Read More